Here is a list of people associated with Noetherian Ring and their research interests.
- Carolyn Abbott, Morrey Visiting Assistant Professor at UC Berkeley: Geometric group theory, low dimensional topology
- Mina Aganagic, Professor: mathematical physics and string theory
- Jenny Harrison, Professor: functional analysis, geometric measure theory, calculus of variations, mathematical physics
- Marina Iliopoulou, Morrey Visiting Assistant Professor: harmonic analysis, incidence geometry, geometric measure theory
- Kathryn Mann, NSF Postdoc: topology, geometry, and dynamics
- Khrystyna Serhiyenko, NSF Postdoc: representation theory, cluster algebras, combinatorics
- Zvezdelina Stankova, Teaching Professor: Olympiad problem solving, Berkeley Math Circle, math education
- Kelli Talaska, Lecturer: algebraic combinatorics
- Katrin Wehrheim, Professor: gauge theory, symplectic geometry, low dimensional topology, and PDEs
- Lauren Williams, Professor: algebraic combinatorics
- Xuwen Zhu, Postdoc: Geometric analysis, microlocal analysis, partial differential equations
- Sylvie Corteel, Visiting Miller Professor: Combinatorics
- Ellen Veomett, Affiliate Professor from Saint Mary’s College of California: Geometry of redistricting, discrete geometry, combinatorics
- Sunčica Čanić, Professor: Compressible flow, hemodynamics
- María Angélica Cueto (PhD ’10 at UC Berkeley, Assistant Professor ’15-present at The Ohio State University): tropical geometry, algebraic geometry and combinatorics
- Kay Kirkpatrick (Visiting Professor at MSRI Fall 2015 , Professor at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign): statistical mechanics, nonlinear differential equations, and dynamical systems
- Wei Li (Visiting Scholar at UC Berkeley 2014-15, Assistant Professor at the Chinese Academy of Science): differential algebra and difference algebra
- Monica Vazirani (PhD ’99 and NSF Postdoc ’00-’02 at UC Berkeley, Professor at UC Davis): combinatorial representation theory, Hecke algebras
- Carol Wood (Deputy Director of MSRI ’96-’97, Professor of Mathematics Emerita at Wesleyan University): mathematical logic
- Samantha Xu (Visiting faculty at MSRI Fall 2015, Postdoc at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign): probability, nonlinear PDEs, and statistical mechanics
- Yulia Alexandr: combinatorics
- Esme Bajo: combinatorics and model theory
- Jess Banks: discrete probability, statistical inference, and theoretical computer science
- Katrina Biele: pure math
- Madeline Brandt: combinatorial algebraic geometry and tropical geometry
- Paula Burkhardt-Guim: Geometric Analysis, Differential Geometry
- Catherine Cannizzo: symplectic geometry
- Zixin Jiang: Number theory
- Maryam Farahmand-Asil: discrete geometry and combinatorics
- Elizabeth Ferme
- Lauren Cranton Heller
- Max Hlavacek: geometric combinatorics
- Mikayla Kelley
- Yi Lai: Geometric analysis, Ricci flow
- Lisha Li: probability theory
- Dominique Maldague: harmonic analysis
- Shelly Manber: number theory and arithmetic geometry
- Holly Mandel
- Maria Martinez: statistical modeling of sexual assaults on college campuses
- Anya Michaelsen: algebraic number theory
- Adele Padgett: model theory
- Anna Seigal: applied algebra
- Isabelle Shankar: optimization
- Melissa Sherman-Bennett: algebraic combinatorics
- Jana Sotáková: number theory
- Mariel Supina: algebraic combinatorics
- Shiyu Tan (visiting scholar): scientific computing
- Morgan Weiler: symplectic and contact geometry and dynamics
- Maddie Weinstein: algebraic geometry
- Qiaochu Yuan: numerical linear algebra, scientific computing
Alumni and what they’re doing now
- Cathy O’Neil (BA ’94, PhD at Harvard): Data scientist, blogger at mathbabe.org, author of several books on data science.
- Anastasia Chavez: enumerative and algebraic combinatorics
- Eugenia Kim: applied mathematics, numerical analysis, numerical micromagnetics. Postdoctoral Researcher at New York University
- Eugenia Rosu: number theory. Postdoc at University of Arizona
- Qiao Zhou: geometric representation theory, geometric combinatorics
- Yael Degany: field theories that factor through the symplectic category, Lie groups and representation theory.
- Meire Fortunato: high-order numerical methods, high-order curved unstructured mesh generation, machine learning. Research Scientist at Google DeepMind.
- Maria Gillespie: symmetric function theory and its connections with geometry and representation theory. Postdoc at UC Davis.
- Anna Lieb: fluid mechanics, numerical methods, optimization, and applications. Data scientist at McKinsey in Chicago (current).
- Olya Mandelshtam: algebraic combinatorics. President’s Postdoctoral Fellow at UCLA (2016), Tamarkin Assistant Professor at Brown (2017–).
- Elina Robeva: algebraic geometry, optimization, machine learning, and the interplay between these fields. Postdoc at MIT.
- Katrina Honigs: algebraic geometry. Postdoc at University of Utah.
- Xin Jin: symplectic geometry, geometric representation theory. Postdoc at Northwestern University.
- Heather Lee: symplectic geometry. Postdoc at Purdue University.
Taryn Flock: harmonic analysis. Postdoc at University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Being listed is opt-in so if you are not listed but would like to be, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.